Thursday, January 19, 2012

3 Things to Do on a Cold Day

It got cold yesterday, so very cold.  My wife decided she didn't want to drive out to work in -38 degrees C.  Thus we ended up with a day off.

What do you do on a cold day when you're stuck inside?

  • Play Scrabble.  I started out with VASSAL and ended up with QUIZ.  It was fun to play a board game with my wife.  Next on the game play list:  Canasta!
  • Read a book and take a nap.  I had been up early, so I ended up on the couch, reading, and then nodded off to sleep.  Something special about dozing off and waking up to hear my wife puttering in the kitchen.
  • Have a Dr. Who Marathon!!  We're almost at the end of Season 2 and are quite enjoying the weird humor of The Doctor.  Who knew that Ghosts were metal people pushing through from another Earth?
Most of all, we just enjoyed talking and being in each other's presence.

What do you do on a cold or snow day?  What occupies your time?

5 comments:

  1. I can't fathom how cold that must feel! I say those are all good ways to deal with being stuck inside. We love our bad-weather-induced game time, though Monopoly or Payday are typically the games played here. And coffee/tea must be involved. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're talking about the 2 player Risk for next time we play a game. Our Monopoly game, along with all of my games, is in storage in the states... *sniffs* I will eventually get them.

    Hot beverage... Yeah, Raspberry tea was the choice yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, the Doctor Who marathon is definitely the way to go. And for a fun game, you should try to track down Quiddler. It's like rummy, but with WORDS. I'm in love. :D

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quiddler... Okay, shall keep my eyes open for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day! So glad you could do that. And Yikes! I can't even imagine it being that cold. You are truly in the Great White North aren't you? I say a big YES to the board games. Of course, Jack and I always go for Scrabble first but we also enjoy Sequence and the occasional game of Skip-Bo or Triple Yahtzee. Remember the crazy Nertz phase in CCG/Connections? Good times! We are open to learning Catan, it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete