Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Inspiration

A friend of mine shared this news story on Facebook.

From the article: "A devoted Iowa couple married for 72 years died holding hands in the hospital last week, exactly one hour apart.
The passing reflected the nature of their marriage, where, "As a rule, everything was done together," said the couple's daughter Donna Sheets, 71."

Married 72 years and they die together

I have been thinking a lot about longevity in my marriage lately.  That's why we talked about our foundation and what we're trying to do in order to build a strong and lasting marriage.  Then I read about this couple and how they lasted and how they did everything together.  It inspires me. 

So what causes a marriage to last?  From reading this article, a lot of it is being together and truly going through life as one, as a unit.  It means making decisions together, talking about everything, and being honest. 

I want to look back at 90 years of age and see my life with Brianna stretch out behind me.  I want to look and see my bride beside me and know that I absolutely love her and spent a good life together with her.

What about you?  Do you know anyone who has had a long and happy marriage?  What have you learned from them?  Care to tell us about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment