Monday, January 7, 2013

You Have What It Takes - Book Review

You Have What It Takes: What Every Father Needs to KnowYou Have What It Takes: What Every Father Needs to Know by John Eldredge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This little book is an encourager to those of us who are fathers or fathers-to-be. Eldredge pulls some of the ideas here from other books of his, and it's meant to be a quick read. His main thought is that one of the aspects of being a father is to answer the question boys ask "Do I have what it takes?" and that girls ask "Am I lovely?" He touches on those questions, as well as dealing with the father's who haven't had good answers to that question growing up. There's also a chapter on dealing with your adult children and asking their forgiveness for any wounds incurred while you were raising them.

I walked away from this feeling encouraged, and knowing that despite the enormity of the role, I have what it takes to be a father.

All in all, this is a good little book worth a read for any father out there!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment