Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Shopping

I woke up the other day expecting a nice quiet morning, maybe a little shopping in town, and some snuggle time with my honey. Instead I was subjected to a ritual that baffles every man's mind. That is the all day Shopping Trip!! (Cue ominous drums here).

We had been blessed by a substantial amount of money from our wedding. We had a list of rather large items that were needed for our apartment.

The first stop was a furniture warehouse. This wasn't too bad. We made our decisions fairly fast and I had a nice place to relax while waiting for the details to be made. Hey, I can handle this!

The second stop consisted of checking out a couple stores to see if they had pantries or microwave carts... They didn't. My feet hurt. Oh boy.

Third stop was Home Depot! Now this is a place I can handle. The pantry and the cube shelf were found here. Okay, nice...

Fourth stop was Walmart and we spent a lot of time here looking for what we needed. Did you know that a BBQ box can balance on the top of a cart? We also found the rest of the big items here for decent prices. Tiring out, but satisfied. The back of the Caliber is filling up...

The last stop, the place that Brianna claims brings happiness to a woman's shopping soul: Bed, Bath and Beyond!! My very masculinity quakes as I enter this store... (Add some mournful wind instruments to the drums). We spent the rest of the afternoon here, getting most of what we wanted from what was left on the registry (neat thing is that we get 10% off for a year - so gift cards go a long way...). More nice knives, a duvet cover and set, pillows, and many other things that began to blur together.

Finally, the money is spent, the car is stuffed to the brim (thanks to my Dad for showing me over the years how to pack a vehicle), and we return to home!

Now, I have to admit that while it was a long day and I was dragging my feet, I did have fun. Getting to see the blessings from others take a more tangible form was extremely cool. I survived the intense shopping day and I still love my wife!

Just don't ask me to spend that much again.... *grins*

2 comments:

  1. Shopping days are indeed challenging, but it sounds like you had a great time making choices and finding what you needed to use in your apartment.

    Aren't you glad that your parents gave you so much experience in packing cars and U-Haul trucks? It will come in handy for years to come!!

    Your blog posts are fun to read. But couldn't you find a nicer adjective to use before spouse?

    Love, Mama Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 Bed Bath & Beyond!! And David says to get use to it, it only gets worse from here, lol!

    ReplyDelete