Monday, August 15, 2011

Honeymoon!

Well, the honeymoon is over, but it was an absolutely awesome week! We got to spend the wedding night at the Prairie Creek Inn, a gorgeous little 4.5 star B&B just outside of Rocky... a very much appreciated and secret wedding gift from my parents. It was wonderful! We left from there and traveled onto Canmore for a whole week in a beautiful condo with an awesome mountain view. We spent a lot of time relaxing and enjoying ourselves and seeing the sights Banff has to offer.

My favorite day was definitely Wednesday. We were both fully awake at 5 am (getting used to having someone else in your bed makes for weird sleeping patterns) and JC had the idea to quickly get ready and go and watch the sunrise from the top of Mt. Norquay in Banff. I definitely did NOT like the idea at first... my bed was waaaay too warm and comfy to want to leave it for the top of a mountain at that ungodly hour of the morning, but I figured I would agree to be spontaneous and just do it. We quickly left the condo, travel mugs of coffee in hand, and made the drive to the top of the mountain just in time. It was beautiful! I'm glad JC persuaded me to go!

One thing I have discovered is that JC likes to do things that stretch me and take me out of my comfort zone.... like Friday evening for instance. JC loves trying strange new food, especially anything ethnic. Needless to say, 99% of the time, I do not! He is fully willing to try just about anything, while I will order the same thing off of a menu 6 times before I branch out to try something new. So Friday evening he wants to go out for sushi. *insert intensely grossed out face here* I did not relish the idea of eating raw fish at all while he was excitedly anticipating it all day long. Ok, so I figured I'd allow myself to be stretched and try to be brave, so I put a smile on my face and went with him to this little sushi place in Canmore. (My stomach was already feeling gross by the time we got there... its amazing what your brain can do when you're imagining horrible things) We ordered a bunch of stuff to try, some Miso soup (which was actually very good), assorted tempura (fairly decent), seaweed salad (ewwwww... tasted like tangy strings of chewy slime) and of course, sushi. I bravely ate one California Roll and I had a bite of his BBQ Eel wrapped in seaweed thing. I actually survived! Did I like either of them? Nope! But I did manage to at least chew and swallow them. They weren't too awful and if I had to, I could probably eat them again, but not of my own free will. So, score one for JC being able to make me eat something weird and step out of my comfort zone. Hmm, 5 days of married life and he is already stretching me.... this could be interesting.

Although, now he's the one who gets to be stretched when he opens his closet every morning and sees 60% of it occupied by my clothes and shoes.... not to mention the girly stuff he sees every time he opens a drawer in the bathroom. Bwahahaha! :D

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that not all sushi has raw fish in it? I love that kind--not really a fan of the raw stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go for trying sushi! I don't eat the raw stuff either and we love to go to sushi. However, I think the taste of seaweed in general takes a bit of time to get used to. But then once you do, most people really like it and almost crave it! I love miso soup too!

    ReplyDelete